Eye Doctor Directory and Eye Care Resource
Welcome to the new Eye Doctor Guide, we make it easy to Find An Eye Doctor and learn about your eyes. We are committed to your eye health, well-being and of course, your vision! Launched in 2006, our goals include providing visitors with a great resource of information about everything involving eye care. Whether you want information on eyeglasses, LASIK, contact lenses, refractive surgery, eye diseases or nutrition, you'll find all that here and more. Join us as we continue to add the most up to date information about your vision.
Check out some of our most popular articles:
Tips for Finding An Optometrist
Not sure what those credentials mean? Use our handy guide below to help determine the best caregiver for your eye care:
- Optometrist - An OD can prescribe basic ophthalmic medications and help recommend prescriptive lenses for routine vision and health problems. Most optometrists also assist with pre and postoperative eye care. An OD has four years of post-graduate training at a qualified institution.
- Ophthalmologist - An ophthalmologist is an MD trained in working specifically with the eye and eye related disease. An MD is a good choice for treating diseases of the eye and for performing eye surgery. They may also perform routine eye exams and prescribe medication when appropriate. Like an OD and MD is also qualified to prescribe corrective lenses when necessary.
- Retinal Specialist - This is an eye doctor (MD) that specializes in laser and surgical treatment of diseases related to the retina. Many concentrate on treating patients with diabetic retinopathy and retinal detachment.
- Optician - An optician isn't a doctor but does need to complete certain training and may have a license in eye care. Many states require opticians be certified so they can fit contact lenses. Most will sell and help you fit your eyeglasses or other eyewear including contact lenses. They will not however, prescribe corrective lenses.
View our Eye Doctor Directory - Learn about Laser Eye Surgery
We hope that the eye care and vision related information on this website will help you make better more informed decisions. Whether it be Eye glasses, contact lenses, safety glasses, or laser eye surgery we will be looking to provide some great information on these important topics.
Recent Eye Related News Topics
Optometrist - Google News
Optometrist - Google News
|Channel: optometrist - Google News|
Add to:My Yahoo
- PineCone Vision optometrist receives fellowship - St. Cloud Times
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 05:14:07 GMT
PineCone Vision optometrist receives fellowshipSt. Cloud TimesPineCone Vision Center's Sara Bierwerth recently received a fellowship from the American Academy of Optometry. Fellowships are awarded to optometrists who have met rigorous qualifications and demonstrated contributions to optometry or vision science.
- 82 pass optometrist board exams - ABS CBN News
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 11:34:58 GMT
82 pass optometrist board examsABS CBN NewsThe Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced that 82 out of 96 passed the Optometrist Licensure Examination given by the Board of Optometry in Manila this December 2013. The members of the Board of Optometry are Dr. Vivian S. Sarabia, ...and more »
- Optometrist Licensure Examination - Inquirer.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:01:37 GMT
Optometrist Licensure ExaminationInquirer.netRoll of Successful Examinees in the Optometrist Licensure Examination Held on DECEMBER 2, 2013 & FF. DAYS Released on DECEMBER 10, 2013. Seq. No. N a m e. 1 ABUTON, AHL RICHIE BARETE. 2 AGPOON, RAPH FLORENCE RAZON.and more »
- 82 of 96 pass Optometrist Licensure Exam ? PRC - GMA News
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:52:50 GMT
82 of 96 pass Optometrist Licensure Exam ? PRCGMA NewsA total of 82 out of 96 passed the Optometrist Licensure Examination given by the Board of Optometry in Manila this month, according to the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) on Tuesday. [Click here for list of passers.] Meanwhile, two out of ...
|Channel: Eye Health / Blindness News From Medical News Today|
Add to:My Yahoo
- Shire reports top-line results on OPUS-2, a Phase 3 study investigating the use of Lifitegrast in adults with dry eye disease
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 02:00:00 PST
Shire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPG), the global specialty biopharmaceutical company, has announced top-line results from OPUS-2, a Phase 3 efficacy and safety study of 5.0% lifitegrast ophthalmic solution. OPUS-2 compared lifitegrast to placebo administered twice daily for 84 days (12 weeks) in dry eye patients with history of active artificial tear use within 30 days prior to screening.
- Protein delivered across blood-brain barrier to degrade Alzheimer's plaques
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:00:00 PST
The body is structured to ensure that any invading organisms have a tough time reaching the brain, an organ obviously critical to survival. Known as the blood-brain barrier, cells that line the brain and spinal cord are tightly packed, making it difficult for anything besides very small molecules to cross from the bloodstream into the central nervous system.
- Contact lenses can deliver glaucoma drugs for a month
Mon, 09 Dec 2013 08:00:00 PST
Scientists from Massachusetts have created a contact lens that will deliver controlled amounts of medicine directly into the eyes of glaucoma patients continuously for up to a month.
- Drug-eluting contact lens delivers glaucoma medication continuously for a month
Mon, 09 Dec 2013 02:00:00 PST
For nearly half a century, contact lenses have been proposed as a means of ocular drug delivery that may someday replace eye drops, but achieving controlled drug release has been a significant challenge.
Directorio de médicos oculistas y guía oftalmológica – Cuidado ocular y recursos de salud.
The information presented on this site is not to be used for diagnosis and or treatment, or to be used in place of professional medical advice from your eye doctor or physician. View our full disclaimer by clicking the link in the left navigation.