Eye Doctor Directory and Eye Care Resource
Welcome to the new Eye Doctor Guide, we make it easy to Find An Eye Doctor and learn about your eyes. We are committed to your eye health, well-being and of course, your vision! Launched in 2006, our goals include providing visitors with a great resource of information about everything involving eye care. Whether you want information on eyeglasses, LASIK, contact lenses, refractive surgery, eye diseases or nutrition, you'll find all that here and more. Join us as we continue to add the most up to date information about your vision.
Check out some of our most popular articles:
Tips for Finding An Optometrist
Not sure what those credentials mean? Use our handy guide below to help determine the best caregiver for your eye care:
- Optometrist - An OD can prescribe basic ophthalmic medications and help recommend prescriptive lenses for routine vision and health problems. Most optometrists also assist with pre and postoperative eye care. An OD has four years of post-graduate training at a qualified institution.
- Ophthalmologist - An ophthalmologist is an MD trained in working specifically with the eye and eye related disease. An MD is a good choice for treating diseases of the eye and for performing eye surgery. They may also perform routine eye exams and prescribe medication when appropriate. Like an OD and MD is also qualified to prescribe corrective lenses when necessary.
- Retinal Specialist - This is an eye doctor (MD) that specializes in laser and surgical treatment of diseases related to the retina. Many concentrate on treating patients with diabetic retinopathy and retinal detachment.
- Optician - An optician isn't a doctor but does need to complete certain training and may have a license in eye care. Many states require opticians be certified so they can fit contact lenses. Most will sell and help you fit your eyeglasses or other eyewear including contact lenses. They will not however, prescribe corrective lenses.
View our Eye Doctor Directory - Learn about Laser Eye Surgery
We hope that the eye care and vision related information on this website will help you make better more informed decisions. Whether it be Eye glasses, contact lenses, safety glasses, or laser eye surgery we will be looking to provide some great information on these important topics.
Recent Eye Related News Topics
Optometrist - Google News
Optometrist - Google News
|Channel: optometrist - Google News|
Add to:My Yahoo
- GETTING TO KNOW: Angela Tsai - Fredericksburg.com
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 23:18:08 GMT
GETTING TO KNOW: Angela TsaiFredericksburg.comPlans changed as I worked as a clinical coordinator assistant in the binocular vision and pediatric department at the School of Optometry at IU during my undergraduate studies. I learned to really love the field of optometry and hence changed my major ...
- LaGrange Christmas parade to honor optometrist Dr. Cliff Rainey - LaGrange Daily News
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:30:46 GMT
LaGrange Christmas parade to honor optometrist Dr. Cliff RaineyLaGrange Daily NewsRainey, born April 21, 1930, graduated from North Fulton High School, attending Emory University in Atlanta and the Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, Tennessee. He then served at the Fitzsimmons Army Hospital, now the Fitzsimmons Army ...
- Optometrist: Cosmetic contact lenses are health risk - WFAA
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 00:35:03 GMT
Optometrist: Cosmetic contact lenses are health riskWFAA"Things like these are an absolute menace to someone like me," said Plano optometrist Dr. Zak Rosemore. Rosemore said the ulcers, infections, and other serious eye conditions caused by wearing the wrong lenses for even a few minutes should scare ...
Directorio de médicos oculistas y guía oftalmológica – Cuidado ocular y recursos de salud.
The information presented on this site is not to be used for diagnosis and or treatment, or to be used in place of professional medical advice from your eye doctor or physician. View our full disclaimer by clicking the link in the left navigation.