Eye Doctor Directory and Eye Care Resource
Welcome to the new Eye Doctor Guide, we make it easy to Find An Eye Doctor and learn about your eyes. We are committed to your eye health, well-being and of course, your vision! Launched in 2006, our goals include providing visitors with a great resource of information about everything involving eye care. Whether you want information on eyeglasses, LASIK, contact lenses, refractive surgery, eye diseases or nutrition, you'll find all that here and more. Join us as we continue to add the most up to date information about your vision.
Check out some of our most popular articles:
Tips for Finding An Optometrist
Not sure what those credentials mean? Use our handy guide below to help determine the best caregiver for your eye care:
- Optometrist - An OD can prescribe basic ophthalmic medications and help recommend prescriptive lenses for routine vision and health problems. Most optometrists also assist with pre and postoperative eye care. An OD has four years of post-graduate training at a qualified institution.
- Ophthalmologist - An ophthalmologist is an MD trained in working specifically with the eye and eye related disease. An MD is a good choice for treating diseases of the eye and for performing eye surgery. They may also perform routine eye exams and prescribe medication when appropriate. Like an OD and MD is also qualified to prescribe corrective lenses when necessary.
- Retinal Specialist - This is an eye doctor (MD) that specializes in laser and surgical treatment of diseases related to the retina. Many concentrate on treating patients with diabetic retinopathy and retinal detachment.
- Optician - An optician isn't a doctor but does need to complete certain training and may have a license in eye care. Many states require opticians be certified so they can fit contact lenses. Most will sell and help you fit your eyeglasses or other eyewear including contact lenses. They will not however, prescribe corrective lenses.
View our Eye Doctor Directory - Learn about Laser Eye Surgery
We hope that the eye care and vision related information on this website will help you make better more informed decisions. Whether it be Eye glasses, contact lenses, safety glasses, or laser eye surgery we will be looking to provide some great information on these important topics.
Recent Eye Related News Topics
Optometrist - Google News
Optometrist - Google News
|Channel: optometrist - Google News|
Add to:My Yahoo
- New optometrist joins Northern Hills Eye Care - Rapid City Journal
Thu, 22 Jan 2015 10:50:57 GMT
Rapid City Journal
New optometrist joins Northern Hills Eye CareRapid City JournalEnglish's optometric education included much diversity in his clinical experiences. He was trained in hospital-based optometry at the Mayo Clinic in Albert Lea, Minn., where he managed cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and diabetes/diabetic ...
- Indianapolis optometrist marks 65th year in practice - MiamiHerald.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:38:55 GMT
Indianapolis optometrist marks 65th year in practiceMiamiHerald.comIt happens just about every Wednesday that Dr. John Abrams sees patients in his Westside office. Someone sees his name tag and asks, "Was that JJ Abrams who had an optometry practice on the Westside your father or relative? My great-grandmother or ...and more »
- Compliancy Group LLC and AOAExcel Partner to Simplify Compliance for ... - Insurance News Net
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:08:12 GMT
- World War II hero, Middletown optometrist dies at 93 - Hamilton Journal News (subscription)
Wed, 21 Jan 2015 20:54:58 GMT
World War II hero, Middletown optometrist dies at 93Hamilton Journal News (subscription)J. Miller, a student in Englewood, wanted to interview his step grandfather for a school project. The boy knew Dr. John ?Jack? Rolfes was a longtime optometrist in Middletown and he figured his career would make an interesting paper. Midway through the ...
Directorio de médicos oculistas y guía oftalmológica – Cuidado ocular y recursos de salud.
The information presented on this site is not to be used for diagnosis and or treatment, or to be used in place of professional medical advice from your eye doctor or physician. View our full disclaimer by clicking the link in the left navigation.