Eye Doctor Directory and Eye Care Resource
Welcome to the new Eye Doctor Guide, we make it easy to Find An Eye Doctor and learn about your eyes. We are committed to your eye health, well-being and of course, your vision! Launched in 2006, our goals include providing visitors with a great resource of information about everything involving eye care. Whether you want information on eyeglasses, LASIK, contact lenses, refractive surgery, eye diseases or nutrition, you'll find all that here and more. Join us as we continue to add the most up to date information about your vision.
Check out some of our most popular articles:
Tips for Finding An Optometrist
Not sure what those credentials mean? Use our handy guide below to help determine the best caregiver for your eye care:
- Optometrist - An OD can prescribe basic ophthalmic medications and help recommend prescriptive lenses for routine vision and health problems. Most optometrists also assist with pre and postoperative eye care. An OD has four years of post-graduate training at a qualified institution.
- Ophthalmologist - An ophthalmologist is an MD trained in working specifically with the eye and eye related disease. An MD is a good choice for treating diseases of the eye and for performing eye surgery. They may also perform routine eye exams and prescribe medication when appropriate. Like an OD and MD is also qualified to prescribe corrective lenses when necessary.
- Retinal Specialist - This is an eye doctor (MD) that specializes in laser and surgical treatment of diseases related to the retina. Many concentrate on treating patients with diabetic retinopathy and retinal detachment.
- Optician - An optician isn't a doctor but does need to complete certain training and may have a license in eye care. Many states require opticians be certified so they can fit contact lenses. Most will sell and help you fit your eyeglasses or other eyewear including contact lenses. They will not however, prescribe corrective lenses.
View our Eye Doctor Directory - Learn about Laser Eye Surgery
We hope that the eye care and vision related information on this website will help you make better more informed decisions. Whether it be Eye glasses, contact lenses, safety glasses, or laser eye surgery we will be looking to provide some great information on these important topics.
Recent Eye Related News Topics
Optometrist - Google News
Optometrist - Google News
|Channel: Eye Health / Blindness News From Medical News Today|
Add to:My Yahoo
- Zika virus may be linked to more eye problems in Brazilian babies with microcephaly
Thu, 26 May 2016 04:00:00 PDT
Ophthalmologists find retinal bleeding, abnormal blood vessel development and lesions in infants born to mothers who showed signs of the viral infection during pregnancy.
- Blindness, visual impairment rates in U.S. set to double by 2050
Fri, 20 May 2016 08:00:00 PDT
By 2050, the number of Americans living with visual impairment or blindness will have doubled, with white women faring worst, suggests a new study.
- What is Behcet's Disease? Symptoms and Prognosis
Thu, 19 May 2016 00:00:00 PDT
Learn about Behcet's disease, a rare condition that causes inflammation to blood vessels. This disease can cause a variety of symptoms that may not appear connected.
- Cisplatin may cause more permanent hearing loss in people with Cockayne syndrome
Wed, 18 May 2016 07:00:00 PDT
Chemotherapy drug cisplatin is used to treat breast, prostate, neuroblastoma, melanoma and many other cancers.
Directorio de médicos oculistas y guía oftalmológica – Cuidado ocular y recursos de salud.
The information presented on this site is not to be used for diagnosis and or treatment, or to be used in place of professional medical advice from your eye doctor or physician. View our full disclaimer by clicking the link in the left navigation.