Eye Doctor Directory and Eye Care Resource
Welcome to the new Eye Doctor Guide, we make it easy to Find An Eye Doctor and learn about your eyes. We are committed to your eye health, well-being and of course, your vision! Launched in 2006, our goals include providing visitors with a great resource of information about everything involving eye care. Whether you want information on eyeglasses, LASIK, contact lenses, refractive surgery, eye diseases or nutrition, you'll find all that here and more. Join us as we continue to add the most up to date information about your vision.
Check out some of our most popular articles:
Tips for Finding An Optometrist
Not sure what those credentials mean? Use our handy guide below to help determine the best caregiver for your eye care:
- Optometrist - An OD can prescribe basic ophthalmic medications and help recommend prescriptive lenses for routine vision and health problems. Most optometrists also assist with pre and postoperative eye care. An OD has four years of post-graduate training at a qualified institution.
- Ophthalmologist - An ophthalmologist is an MD trained in working specifically with the eye and eye related disease. An MD is a good choice for treating diseases of the eye and for performing eye surgery. They may also perform routine eye exams and prescribe medication when appropriate. Like an OD and MD is also qualified to prescribe corrective lenses when necessary.
- Retinal Specialist - This is an eye doctor (MD) that specializes in laser and surgical treatment of diseases related to the retina. Many concentrate on treating patients with diabetic retinopathy and retinal detachment.
- Optician - An optician isn't a doctor but does need to complete certain training and may have a license in eye care. Many states require opticians be certified so they can fit contact lenses. Most will sell and help you fit your eyeglasses or other eyewear including contact lenses. They will not however, prescribe corrective lenses.
View our Eye Doctor Directory - Learn about Laser Eye Surgery
We hope that the eye care and vision related information on this website will help you make better more informed decisions. Whether it be Eye glasses, contact lenses, safety glasses, or laser eye surgery we will be looking to provide some great information on these important topics.
Recent Eye Related News Topics
Optometrist - Google News
Optometrist - Google News
|Channel: optometrist - Google News|
Add to:My Yahoo
- Eye-eye-eye! Parkland optometrist offers tips for keeping your peepers safe - Dallas Morning News (blog)
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:56:08 GMT
- Dakota Dunes optometrist first in US to obtain new diagnostic tool - Sioux City Journal
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:04:02 GMT
Dakota Dunes optometrist first in US to obtain new diagnostic toolSioux City JournalDAKOTA DUNES, S.D. | Optometrist Steven Ferguson wants to know about any silent problems that could threaten the vision of LASIK surgery patients and contact lens wearers. A unique instrument being introduced to the United States at the practice ...
- Optometrist advises people to wear sunglasses - Sundre Roundup
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 06:03:05 GMT
Optometrist advises people to wear sunglassesSundre RoundupAs the weather warms up and the sun shines in Sundre, people are advised to wear sunglasses to protect their eyes. ?Overexposure to ultra violet (UV) rays can sunburn your eyes,? said optometrist Margaret Penny from Sundre Vision Care. ?Although you ...
- Savage-based optometrist accused of exposing himself to patient - Shakopee Valley News
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:58:18 GMT
Savage-based optometrist accused of exposing himself to patientShakopee Valley NewsAn optometrist who operates in Savage is accused of exposing himself to a patient during an eye exam last month, and police say it isn't the first time the man has been accused of such behavior. Maplewood resident Steven Charles Blashill, 55, is ...
Directorio de médicos oculistas y guía oftalmológica – Cuidado ocular y recursos de salud.
The information presented on this site is not to be used for diagnosis and or treatment, or to be used in place of professional medical advice from your eye doctor or physician. View our full disclaimer by clicking the link in the left navigation.