Eye Doctor Directory and Eye Care Resource
Welcome to the new Eye Doctor Guide, we make it easy to Find An Eye Doctor and learn about your eyes. We are committed to your eye health, well-being and of course, your vision! Launched in 2006, our goals include providing visitors with a great resource of information about everything involving eye care. Whether you want information on eyeglasses, LASIK, contact lenses, refractive surgery, eye diseases or nutrition, you'll find all that here and more. Join us as we continue to add the most up to date information about your vision.
Check out some of our most popular articles:
Tips for Finding An Optometrist
Not sure what those credentials mean? Use our handy guide below to help determine the best caregiver for your eye care:
- Optometrist - An OD can prescribe basic ophthalmic medications and help recommend prescriptive lenses for routine vision and health problems. Most optometrists also assist with pre and postoperative eye care. An OD has four years of post-graduate training at a qualified institution.
- Ophthalmologist - An ophthalmologist is an MD trained in working specifically with the eye and eye related disease. An MD is a good choice for treating diseases of the eye and for performing eye surgery. They may also perform routine eye exams and prescribe medication when appropriate. Like an OD and MD is also qualified to prescribe corrective lenses when necessary.
- Retinal Specialist - This is an eye doctor (MD) that specializes in laser and surgical treatment of diseases related to the retina. Many concentrate on treating patients with diabetic retinopathy and retinal detachment.
- Optician - An optician isn't a doctor but does need to complete certain training and may have a license in eye care. Many states require opticians be certified so they can fit contact lenses. Most will sell and help you fit your eyeglasses or other eyewear including contact lenses. They will not however, prescribe corrective lenses.
View our Eye Doctor Directory - Learn about Laser Eye Surgery
We hope that the eye care and vision related information on this website will help you make better more informed decisions. Whether it be Eye glasses, contact lenses, safety glasses, or laser eye surgery we will be looking to provide some great information on these important topics.
Recent Eye Related News Topics
Optometrist - Google News
Optometrist - Google News
|Channel: optometrist - Google News|
Add to:My Yahoo
- Optometrist, military man, humanitarian wins Chancellor's Award for civic ... - UMSL Daily (blog)
Wed, 02 Sep 2015 17:05:11 GMT
- Optometrist, clinic sue insurer over water damage claim - The Louisiana Record
Wed, 02 Sep 2015 22:25:07 GMT
- Dr. Ragan welcomes new optometrist - Gallipolis Daily Tribune
Wed, 02 Sep 2015 19:38:55 GMT
Gallipolis Daily Tribune
Dr. Ragan welcomes new optometristGallipolis Daily TribuneGALLIPOLIS ? Dr. Laura Kahn has recently joined Dr. Todd Ragan's office in Gallipolis as an optometrist. Kahn, of Dublin, Ohio, currently resides in Athens with her husband. She earned her bachelor's degree in chemistry from Elon University. A ...
- People Trust Optometrists More Than Costco Or 1800CONTACTS, At Least According ... - The Consumerist
Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:08:48 GMT
|Channel: Eye Health / Blindness News From Medical News Today|
Add to:My Yahoo
- Diabetic retinopathy screening for children with type 1 diabetes should start later
Thu, 03 Sep 2015 00:00:00 PDT
A new study has found that the occurrence of advanced forms of a diabetic eye disease remains low among children living with diabetes, regardless of how long they have had the disease or their...
- Gene therapy fully restores vision in mouse model of Leber congenital amaurosis
Tue, 01 Sep 2015 08:00:00 PDT
Mice lacking the protein retGC1, which is deficient in humans suffering Leber congenital amaurosis-1 (LCA1), a disorder that causes severe visual impairment beginning in infancy, received gene...
- Circuit in the eye relies on built-in delay to see small moving objects
Tue, 01 Sep 2015 07:00:00 PDT
When we move our head, the whole visual world moves across our eyes. Yet we can still make out a bee buzzing by or a hawk flying overhead, thanks to unique cells in the eye called object motion...
- Blind Veterans UK calls for GPs to signpost blind and vision impaired ex-Service men and women to its free services
Tue, 01 Sep 2015 05:00:00 PDT
A national military charity is calling for help from GPs and surgery staff to ensure that blind and vision impaired ex-Service men and women are fully informed of the support available to them in...
Directorio de médicos oculistas y guía oftalmológica – Cuidado ocular y recursos de salud.
The information presented on this site is not to be used for diagnosis and or treatment, or to be used in place of professional medical advice from your eye doctor or physician. View our full disclaimer by clicking the link in the left navigation.